Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Vintage Affair at Haven Farm!

Hey y'all, it's Tracie Claiborne, stopping by to tell you about the best event I've attended this holiday season...A Vintage Affair at Haven Farm. Haven Farm aka "Jenni Bowlin's fabulous home" was filled to the brim last Saturday with vintage goodies for sale! (Insert angels singing here!! Ahhhhh!!!!) I arrived early and was greeted at the door by this wonderfulness...

Once inside, I was amazed at the transformation that had taken over Jenni's house! It reminded me of an old fashioned general store with an assortment of items so incredibly interesting that I had to walk slowly, look carefully and take it all in. Delightful displays waited for me around every corner, starting with this one in the front room. I'm so happy to say I am now the proud owner of the dresser in this photo! I've loved it since the first time I saw it in Jenni's home, about ten years ago, and I felt giddy when I saw it for sale. I couldn't resist - I had to have it! I still smile when I remember that it's mine!

As I walked around, I was not at all surprised to see that every item for sale was marvelously displayed. I often say that Jenni's greatest talent is "tablescaping" which is "an artistic arrangement of articles on a table." Her knack for displays was never more evident than at this sale. Check out this table just inside the front door. The items are carefully arranged to perfection but look up...only Jenni would think to pin a rudolph nose on that vintage photo! It was a fun touch that made me smile! The banner, the box, the boughs...perfection! 

In the main room, this table called to me. I lingered over the dishes for quite a while and now I'm regretting not getting the red and white set. I simply do not have room in my cabinets for more dishes or I would have! I did pick up lots of Christmas cards and my friend snagged a much sought after Santa cup which made us both happy. 

A vendor at the sale, The Decorologist, also has the gift for table display as is evident in this photo!! I told her how happy this table made me. Those vintage Christmas boxes make my heart go pitter-patter...

Along with a large array of vintage items, there were handmade linens and hand lettered calligraphy items for sale. We oohed and ahhed over it all. Inside Jenni's studio, there were lots of little tidbits too. My friend, Tonia, snagged a sweet little sled.

My friend, Jennifer, and I loved every minute and could have stayed and shopped all day! As you can see by the big smile on our faces, we both got some major scrapbook steals in Jenni's basement. It was so much fun to see scrappy friends I hadn't seen in a while. Of course, I had to tell them about my podcast, The Scrap Gals Podcast with Tiffany and Tracie.

As I think you can see, it was a glorious day. A Vintage Affair was much more fun than the other Christmas shows I've attended this month. I am so excited that Jenni will be hosting more of these events in 2015! I told Jenni and Jared, "This is the best idea you have ever had!!" I highly recommend making this a must-do item on your fun list next year. I'm adding it to my calendar as soon as the dates are available and I hope to see you there. It was so great to see this talented lady and get to shop Haven Farm's unique and lovely treasures. It was the highlight of my Christmas season so far!

 Thanks for the guest post, Tracie (from ScrapGals!)
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. YES>...this event was one of the best I have ever attended. So many treasures around every single corner. Never disappointed when it comes to Jenni Bowlin and her flair...Love Love LOVED it...and so good to see Doris and Tracie and meet Aubry...such nice people. I can hardly wait til the next event...I know one thing, I need to bring more money!! I wanted it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the photo tour! What a great event! Fell in love with her scrapbooking items years ago and adore all the vintage and repurposed creations. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracie- thanks so much for taking the time to do this (and come out)! It was so fun to see everyone - a mini JBS Reunion!!

    ReplyDelete